Edmond’s Pizza Dough
This recipe makes 4 large or 6 medium pizzas
- electric mixer (cake mixer) with a dough hook attachment
- Oiled bowl
- Damp tea-towel
- 500 grams Standard Edmond's flour
- 1½ tsp Edmond's Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 ml olive oil
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- Combine the flour, instant yeast and salt. Add the water and olive oil and knead the dough in an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Tip the dough on lightly floured bench and knead into a ball. It should feel smooth.
- Put into an oiled bowl, cover with a clean damp tea towel and leave somewhere warm to double in size, around 1-2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 4 (or 6), roll into balls and cover with a clean damp tea towel (if not planning on using all the dough at once put what you aren’t using into a zip lock bag and freeze. Simply defrost and roll out). Leave for 10 minutes.
- Roll out thinly on a lightly floured surface to 2 mm thickness. Cover with toppings.
- Place into Wood Fired Oven and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the crust has a hollow sound when you tap it.