This is a great recipe to utilize the heat up and cool down period of the Forno Braga or Maximus ovens. Check out this flavor packed, simple, quick crowd pleasing appetizer that is perfect for the heat up time prior to your pizza making. No Chorizo – No problems substitute your favorite sausage or skip the meat and throw in a handful of fennel.
Fire Roasted Mussels with Chorizo
- Wood Fired Oven
- Cast iron pan
- 1 kg mussels
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ½ medium size thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 jar Dolmio extra spicy peppers pasta sauce
- 1 cup sliced chorizo sausage
- 3 tbsp butter
- 200 ml chardonnay you may substitute this for cider, beer or another white wine.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- sea salt, fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to cast iron pan and place in Wood Fired Oven for 2-3 minutes or until oil starts to smoke
- Add in all ingredients, toss and cook for 4-6 minutes
- Stir then cook for another 5 minutes or until the mussels have all opened
- Remove from the oven, spoon into a serving bowl with crusty bread
- Then Enjoy!!