DURA-THATCH ROOFING TILES
Paradise in Your Back Yard
Life span of 15 plus years. Available in two styles: Dura-Thatch Reed (parauri/brown), and Dura-Thatch Palm, which comes in two colours: Bali (yellow) and parauri (brown).
Dura-thatch can be used to create a very realistic thatch roof (the Hobbit I-site in Matamata is a good example of what can be achieved!)
It can be used over ply or as the roof cover by itself – (the Dura-Thatch Reed tiles when used alone provide minimal “waterproofing”) – Dura-Thatch Palm however is about 98% waterproof i.e. there will be the odd drip in continuous rain. Because it “breathes” temperatures under a thatch only roof are typically 10-15% cooler than summers ambient temperatures.
Our synthetic Dura-Thatch tiles are made from polyolefin, not PVC and have a flexible binding making them a very durable and versatile product. The synthetic tiles have an expected life of 15 years plus. They are made from polyolefin and have uv and colour stabilisers added, not PVC which tends to become brittle when exposed to the sun.
Dura-Thatch can be installed by itself as a cover providing similar “waterproofness” as the natural tiles, or over ply. When installed correctly the Dura-Thatch Palm tiles will provide a roof that is 98% waterproof i.e. there will be the odd drip in continuous rain. It requires mid tile support when installed by itself.
Dura-Thatch Reed is designed to be installed over ply. It can be installed by itself as a covering and it will “look the part”, however provides shade rather than rain cover.
Buy Dura-Thatch Now
Pickup only. For advice, large orders or deliveries, please contact us.
How Waterproof is Dura-Thatch?
Dura-Thatch tiles, when installed correctly, will provide a roof that is 98% waterproof i.e. there will be the odd drip in continuous rain. They are fine for over spa pools, casual dining areas or shade areas. Dura-Thatch Palm can be used as a roof cover but provides minimal “waterproofing” and should only be used if shade is the only consideration e.g. pre-school shade areas. If you want to install electrical equipment – TV, Pool Pump etc under the roof then we recommend the use of ply (iron etc) covered with Dura-Thatch Palm (natural tiles should not be installed over ply, iron etc as the surface touching the ply will remain wet and deteriorate faster, typically 3-4 years.)
Why should you choose Brustics Fibre Thatch?
- Very durable and versatile product.
- Natural in appearance.
- Cost effective.
- Requires little maintenance.
- The synthetic tiles have an expected life of 15 years plus.
- Fibre Palm thatch can be installed by itself as a cover providing similar “waterproofness” as the natural tiles, or over ply.
- When installed correctly the Fibre Palm tiles will provide a roof that is 98% waterproof i.e. there will be the odd drip in continuous rain.
- Fibre Reed thatch is designed to be installed over ply. It CAN be installed by itself as a covering, however provides shade rather than rain cover.
- Our synthetic thatch doesn’t rot or decay.
- No toxic mould (prevents health hazards).
- No additional maintenance costs!
- Not susceptible to sun damage (doesn’t fade!)
- Looks just like the real thing.
- Designed specifically for harsh climates.
Available in two styles, Dura-Thatch Palm (flax type thatch) or Dura-Thatch Reed. They have a life of 15 years plus in NZ conditions.
DURA-THATCH REED – perfect for commercial situations these tiles provide a genuine thatch look and are normally used to cover ply. Their advantage is they require little or no maintenance and have exceptional longevity. Feathered or graduated cut reeds are used to give the appearance of a flat thatch roof, which can be left jagged to provide a tropical look or combined with eave block (as per the I-site roof) to provide a thick European thatch look. Dura-Thatch Reed is designed to be used over ply and with the combination of eave blocks will provide the look of a thick thatch roof without the need for maintenance.
DURA-THATCH PALM – The palm thatch look, synonymous with the thatch typically used in pacific island thatch roofs (fales). These tiles are 98% waterproof used alone or can be used to cover ply. Their advantage is they have a great “cover” therefore are very economical.
* Prices effective from 1 September 2021 and are subject to change * Prices exclude Freight
We deliver nationwide and welcome pickups or provide your address and the product required in the Order/Enquiry Form and we will respond promptly with a quote including freight to your door.
Thatch Tiles - These tiles can be clipped onto an 8mm steel rod or nailed onto wooden purlins. There are 4 different styles of tile (see below) the spacing of tiles determines the area they cover. With the Standard and Dura-Thatch Palm tiles, we recommend spacing between the rows of 300 - 350mm; this is reduced to 230 - 250mm for the Tropical and Dura-Thatch Reed tiles i.e. more Tropical and Dura-Thatch Reed thatch tiles will be used to cover the same area compared with Standard or Dura-Thatch Palm.
Thatch - A level of experience is required for optimum installation. Our kitsets are designed to provide the best result if DIY install is preferred. Please note; fees apply to re-design or rectify where we have not installed. When installed correctly Standard, Tropical and Dura-Thatch Palm thatches will be approx 98% "waterproof" i.e. there will be the odd drip. Natural thatch has an expected life of 5-7 years in New Zealand. Dura-Thatch has an expected life of 15+ years in New Zealand.
NOTES TO PRICE LIST:
1. Installation: We have available a series of installation guidelines relating to our products. We strongly recommend you study these prior to commencing your project. We can usually provide details of installers who are familiar with our products.
2. Warranty: All our products carry a minimum warranty of 12 months. Our products are natural. Variations from any description, visual, oral or written may occur. All information about the products is given in good faith and to the best of our knowledge. Purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the product for its intended use.
3. Terms & Conditions of Sale: Refer to our website or contact us on 0800 278 784 or email email@example.com
Please watch this instructional video below to find out how to install our Dura-Thatch Reed product.
If you are in need of any further instructions in regards to installation don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.