If you already have a favourite Lasagna recipe, feel free to give that a go in your Wood Fired Oven! The results are amazing, with crispy cheese and mouth-watering flavours.
Classic Homemade Lasagna
One of the most loved foods in the world! Ultimate comfort food – made even tastier with fire.
- Wood Fired Oven
- Baking tray
- Frying pan
- Sauce pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 grams premium mince
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 whole white onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt season to taste
- 1 tsp pepper season to taste
- 1 packet lasagna sheets
- 2 cups cheese
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3¾ cups milk
- 1 tsp salt season to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper season to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat your Wood Fired Oven oven to 200 degrees then let the temperature fall
- Heat pan on a medium to high heat then add olive oil
- Add mince to pan and cook until browned
- Move mince to one side of the pan, add onion – cook until transparent
- Add garlic -sauté , then combine mince onion and garlic
- Mix in tomato paste and allow to cook out for 2 minutes
- Reduce your pan to a low heat and add chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes occasionally mixing.
- Take off the heat and season to taste.
- Start by melting your butter in a sauce pot
- once melted, add flour and start to whisk to combine
- cook out this mixture until it starts to bubble
- remove from heat, and while whisking slowly add your milk
- season with salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Soak lasagna sheets in cold water for 10 minutes to soften
- Prepare baking dish by lightly oiling the sides
- your first layer will be meat sauce, followed by pasta then bechamel sauce
- repeat layering until close to the top
- make your final layer pasta, meat sauce then bechamel
- top with cheese and place in Wood Fired Oven
- Place in the middle of your oven and cook at a falling temperature of 200 degrees for 30 minutes or until pasta is cooked – check by inserting a small knife, if there is no resistance, your pasta is cooked!
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving, then enjoy!